The EcoLab500 is a measuring system to study comprehensively ecosystem functions in the soil-plant-atmosphere continuum. With the EcoLab500, biological chemical and physical processes within the individual system components as well as the interactions between the system components can be observed and investigated under defined boundary conditions.
The EcoLab500 consists of two main components that build vertically on one another – Atmosphere Unit and Soil Unit. Depending on the application, all system components can be equipped with respective sensors for monitoring important system parameters and processes.
The Soil Unit of the EcoLab500 is used to investigate the biological, chemical and physical processes in the soil, as well as their interactions with the flora and fauna of the soil. The Atmosphere Unit aboveground serves as the aboveground habitat of the flora and fauna. Several equipment is used for the regulation of the atmospheric boundary conditions. The atmospheric boundary conditions and parameters can be controlled and monitored by the use of systems for lighting, irrigation, or ventilation, as well as measuring devices for recording of temperature, humidity and gases. In order to be able to set up the EcoLab500 the room requires a minimum size 1.500 x 1.500 x 3.100 mm (l x w x h). Other sensors, actuators, air conditioning and dimensions are optional.
At a glance:
- Soil Unit with soil sensors (temperature, tension, water content), suction cups or suction plates, soil cooling system and weighing system
- Atmosphere Unit with air sensors (temperature, humidity), fans and irrigation system
- Sun simulator with high-performance LED lighting, separately dimmable wavelengths (blue, red, white), cycle simulations of day light spectrum possible
- Control Unit with power supply for the sensors and actuators as well as a PLC for the digital connection of all sensors and actuators and for the implementation of all control processes and for data recording
- Study complex interaction between pedosphere, flora, fauna and atmosphere
- A range of optional accessories allows adaption to a wide range of research questions
- Compact: fits in an area of 1.5 x 1.5 meters
- Easy to set up: can be set up by hand by two persons only
|Outer dimension||1.200 mm x 1.200 mm x 3.000 mm (l x w x h)|
|Lysimeter dimensions||Ø 500 mm, height 900 mm|
|Lysimeter material||stainless steel, 1.4301|
|Sensors||Full-Range-Tensiometer, SMT-100 soil moisture|
sensor, weighing system
|Material||semitransparent, mirrored PMMA|
|Sensors||humidity, temperature, PAR|
|LED lighting||plant physiological spectrum in the range of|
400 - 750 nm with up to 500 μmol / m²s on the
|Art.-Nr.: 188500||We produce your EcoLab500 according to|
your demands and project specifications.